Hen weekends in the winter are always less popular, and of course we understand, the weather isn’t great and there are a little less hen weekend activities that spring to mind. The weather usually dictates many of the activities you can do, we agree, but there are so many things you can do to both indulge in the autumn weather and hide from it.

GLAMPING

And because I love autumn, I’ve decided to start our autumn/winter hen weekend ideas list with something I’d love most - Glamping.

Mixing the great English countryside with a touch of comfort will be whole lot of fun. You will have a beautifully furnished tent, a heating device and a whole lot of girlie activities. You are free to book the basic glamping package and arrange your own activities and catering, but if a completely hassle free Hen weekend is what you're after, we can arrange your meals and your activities for you and the girls to experience, from wine tasting to horse riding, there is sure to be something to suit every hen! Glamping would be the ultimate hen weekend, the memories you can create will be like no other.

AFTERNOON TEA

Afternoon tea could be the perfect way to warm you up when the weather becomes a little frosty. It is a very popular way to get all of your favourite girls together for a hen weekend. This was you can relax and enjoy the company of your friends, and of course, enjoy some gorgeous cakes and sandwiches. This is really popular for hen weekends in the UK as you are inside, you are enjoying the company of the people you love but don’t always get the chance to see, and it is an easy way to catch up and reconnect. Small party games and quizzes are a great idea to spruce up the afternoon.

BOTTOMLESS BRUNCH

After a heavy Friday or Saturday night of hitting some of the best clubs or bars in London, there's nothing nicer than tasty grub and some hair of the dog. What better time to do this than 11am- BRUNCH. After a lie in and a couple of paracetamol, indulge in a large meal. Whether it's a Full-English, Eggs Benedict, Pancakes, Roasts or Bloody Marys (obviously) - you can have it all. A hen weekend with brunch is fun, and a little more informal than afternoon tea, perfect for a perky group or simply after a night out drinking.

ICE BAR

Buried among the winding streets of the infamous Soho area in London, sits an incredible bar entirely made out of pure, clear ice. The walls, the furniture, even your glass is sculpted from Swedish ice, harvested from the frozen River Torne. It's like something from a fairytale! You can hire the Ice Bar for private use, making it the perfect party spot for you and your hens, embracing the chilly months in the most stylish way possible! Check out the ice sculptures and fountains, take a few selfies and marvel at the amount of ice that surrounds you. The ice bar is magnificent and the drinks are amazing, there is also dining here if you would like a meal before the big night out! J

SPA DAY

Whether you are a small group of three or four looking for a peaceful getaway and a natter in the hot tub or you want to celebrate your bestie’s hen party with as many of your friends as possible, a group spa day or break can be anything you want it. Take time out from the stresses and strains of everyday life with a relaxing and reviving spa break in the UK. Restore your physical and mental well-being by choosing from our superb range of UK spa breaks, with many packages including luxury treatments and delicious meals, plus use of the hotel's leisure facilities.

There are of course many fun ways to experience your hen weekend in the UK in the autumn/winter months, these are just a few of our favourites.

If there is something that you enjoy the idea of, email me melanie@mejimedia.com and we can help organise the weekend with you.